The RT7000: Engineering
The first section of an RT7000 is the pre-treatment and materials separation unit: 9,000 tpa of residual plastic waste is reduced to 7,000 tpa via the removal of moisture, biomass and inert materials.
Module 1: Thermal Cracker
- A fluidised bed containing of hot thermo-granules continuously circulating from/to the Regenerator
- Heat transferred into the plastic cracks long-chain molecules into shorter-chain hydrocarbons
- Hydrocarbon vapour is treated to remove solids and refined to remove unwanted chemicals
- Controlling the temperature and flow allows different volumes of individual Plaxx fractions to be produced.
Module 2: Regenerator
- Light hydrocarbon gas (e.g. methane, ethane) from the distillation modules arrives into the Regenerator
- Used as a fuel to heat the thermo-granules to 850-900°C for circulation back to the Thermal Cracker.
Module 3: Plaxx Distillation
- Hydrocarbon vapour from the Thermal Cracker is condensed into Plaxx and discharged to storage.
Module 4: Light Gas Distillation
- Light hydrocarbon gas is distilled and fed into the Regenerator.
Module 5: Flue Gas Treatment
- Any remaining gas in the Regenerator is passed into the Flue Gas Treatment module for clean-up already available on site.
RT7000 technical parameters
The RT7000 comprises 5 modules, each built into standard 20ft ISO frames:
- Each module is mass-manufactured in dedicated single piece flow assembly lines
- All RT7000’s modules can be turned horizontally to fit into standard shipping containers
- Standardisation of dimensions allows for ease of transportation across land and sea
- Plug-and-play onsite installation supported by the Operations team
- 24/7 system monitoring and remote chemical engineering support provided by a centralised team
- Multiple RT7000 units can be installed in parallel to increase recycling capacity
- Can be deployed rapidly across different geographies.
|Annual capacity (wet weight)||9,000 t|
|Annual capacity (dry weight)||7,000 t|
|Annual Plaxx production||5,200 t|
|Overall equipment effectiveness||80%|
|Technical lifetime||20 years|