End-of-Life Plastic recycling
Recycling Technologies provides a solution to chemically recycle End-of-Life Plastic back into a crude oil equivalent we call Plaxx®.
This innovative service targets all industrial sectors that manage or produce End-of-Life Plastic waste. We provide an opportunity to improve services, reduce costs and meet our customers’ environmental commitments.
A blueprint for recycling residual mixed plastic waste
Recycling Technologies has developed a modular recycling system, the RT7000, which converts End-of-Life Plastic waste into Plaxx. The RT7000 offers a sustainable and commercially viable solution to increase plastic recycling rates, reduce costs and meet environmental commitments. Our aim is to make this approach the easiest and most profitable option for dealing with End-of-Life Plastic waste.
Modular approach – a viable solution for waste sites of all sizes
The RT7000 has been designed as a transportable, modular, mass-producible unit, with a limited footprint of 30×30 m2. This allows it to be easily located on existing sites where the waste arises, largely avoiding costly transportation of low-density End-of-Life Plastic.
The modular nature of the unit makes it suitable for sites with smaller or larger waste handling capacities. Each unit processes a standard 7,000 tonnes per annum; larger throughput requirements can be accommodated by multiple units installed in parallel.
Recycling Technologies will build and operate the RT7000 units at your site, making this recycling solution easily adoptable with little or no change in normal operation of waste handling facilities.
Who is this for?
Plastic waste handling facilities* looking to:
- Find a recycling solution to the streams that are currently being sent to landfill or incineration, moving up the waste hierarchy
- Mitigate against the costs associated with disposal of End-of-Life Plastic waste and increasing landfill tax
- Gain a competitive advantage in the waste management sector
*This includes but is not limited to landfill sites, materials recycling facilities (MRFs), plastics recycling facilities (PRFs), mechanical biological treatment plants (MBTs), paper packaging recyclers, anaerobic digesters (AD).
Local authorities looking to:
- Simplify the collection and sorting system of their local waste
- Provide an easier and more effective solution to their households and businesses
- Meet national recycling and CO2 reduction targets
Petrochemical industries looking to:
- Meet their customers’ demand for recycled products and packaging
- Early adopt a green crude oil equivalent within their feedstock for plastic and wax production
- Take a lead in sustainable development within their industrial sector
It is evident that this technology should have financial, environmental and economic benefits, not only for Swindon Borough Council but further afield as well.Bernie Brannan, Corporate Director, Swindon Borough Council
This approach to End-of-Life Plastic has already secured a UK patent and international applications have been filed.
Sustainability as a Service™
At Recycling Technologies, we believe plastic has a significant role to play for a sustainable future and we have developed a service that can recycle End-of-Life Plastic into a commercially valuable hydrocarbon product, called Plaxx.