As Technical Plant Operator you will be a key member of the Operations Team responsible for operating and maintaining RT’s Beta Plant in all four of its key roles.
You will be part of the Beta Plant Operations Team that will consist of 8 Operators, 4 Technical Operators and 4 Controllers. This role is required to work on a 3 x 5 shift system.
As a Technical Plant Operator, you will be a role model for RT. The Beta Plant is a global showcase, a training centre and an engineering test bed. Technical Plant Operators will need to be real team players, sociable and approachable open to new ideas, cultures and ways of working.
- Maintain the proper condition of tools, test equipment and workshop equipment.
- Installation, inspection and maintenance of certified mechanical equipment including pumps, compressors, valves, gearboxes, pipe work, tanks, pressure vessels, pneumatic systems etc in hazardous areas. Where necessary, assessing and writing risk assessments and method statements (RAMS) for the task.
- Participate in failure investigations and report back reliability issues within the plant.
- Properly document and accurately report all maintenance, repairs, overhauls, adjustments and inspections; and ensuring the integrity of work procedures including permits to work, work instructions, work orders.
- Being a key part of all operational runs.
- Tidiness and cleanliness of worksite conditions including minimising wastage in all areas of work.
- Coach and mentor Plant Operators.
- In conjunction with your supervisor, progress and complete training plans as identified by your annual appraisal and competency matrix.
- Participate in the Company’s Quality, CSR, H&S and 5S programs to maintain a safe and professional environment for the company to operate within.