The Strategic Technical Buyer is responsible for assisting in the development and execution of the sourcing strategy for the RT7000 manufacturing ramp up to 200 machines per year, over the next 5 years, a portfolio of circa ~£500 million. The typical cost categories include fabricated vessels and frames, assorted valves, pumps, blowers, utility packages, and electrical/control looms and panels. You will be responsible for managing procurement packages, leveraging sourcing to reduce costs, identifying, auditing and on boarding new suppliers, maintaining supplier relationships and for managing the procurement cycle.
- Build relationships with local and international suppliers
- Work closely with Engineering and Manufacturing teams to find suitable suppliers, negotiate and implement supplier agreements and manage procurement timelines
- Benchmark existing supplier performance against potential new suppliers – including differentiators such as price, product safety, change responsiveness, life cycle cost and sustainability, innovation, social responsibility
- Maintain continuous in-depth knowledge of market conditions, industry trends and developing technologies and keep exploring alternative source of supply
- Define, maintain and manage sourcing strategy (with the supply chain manager) for our suppliers, to deliver cost savings to the business
- Ensure compliance with purchasing procedures in accordance with prevailing business processes
- Ensure company cost save targets are managed and achieved
- Negotiate and win contracts taking into account financial risk
- Maintain a “Should Cost” cross reference database for different materials and standard machined parts.