The Senior Mechanical Engineer shall join the team responsible for the design of RT’s commercial scale plant, the RT7000, and shall play a leading role in the development of RT’s near commercial scale plant, the Beta Plant and RT’s bench scale unit, the Mark II.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer you should have a broad range of experience of all stages of a project, from conceptual studies to FEEDs and Detailed Design. You will have a proven track record of working on projects of different sizes and experience working with other disciplines such as Safety, Process, Civil, Structural, Construction / Manufacturing and Commissioning teams. You would be expected to deliver high quality work and be able to effectively support the broader team.
- To design and manage the design of major plant mechanical equipment including rotating, static & package equipment) throughout the FEED, Detailed Engineering Design, Procurement, and Construction phases.
- To have single-point responsibility for all Mechanical Equipment deliverables and ensure that they conform to all applicable international engineering codes and standards as well as RT standards.
- To prepare Functional Specification for major equipment, review supplier / vendor proposals and documentation, and co-ordination with various other disciplines for data inputs.
- To provide technical input in the development of the 3D mechanical design / 3D model.
- To provide technical assistance, coordination and liaison with other discipline engineers on all aspects of Engineering / technical matters and audits.
- To participate in all project safety and design / HAZOP / HAZID & constructability reviews as necessary
- To participate in Equipment Fabrication workshop activities such as Material inspection, stage inspection, Welding, Painting, NDT inspection & Final inspection.
- To provide technical support to maintenance and operation team, carried out trouble shooting and resolving chronic problems, which required more in depth investigation.
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule
- To co-ordinate with equipment suppliers / vendors to resolve plant design issue relating design, manufacturing, maintenance, shipment, installation.
- To prepare Engineering Reports on project activities/methods.
- To provide direction and guidance on all technical queries relating to equipment engineering