The Senior EC&I Technician is responsible for supervising a small team of Electrical, Instrumentation and Control (EC&I) technicians to install, test and commission the systems on the RT7000, Beta Plant, test rigs and any new developments. You will be responsible for legal compliance, and working with our suppliers and Engineers to optimise the design for manufacture and testing of the EC&I system. Additionally, you will assist in developing the work instructions, procedures and permits associated with both the manufacturing and site facilities.
You will be required to work shifts and foreign travel will be required.
- Supervise a small team to ensure on time assembly, testing and commissioning of the EC&I package on the RT7000, and other RT assets/projects.
- EC&I installation planning to ensure machines are built to specification and a high standard quality finish.
- Assist in the control panel layout, design, installation, inspection and testing and commissioning.
- Working with the EC&I Engineers to develop an easy to assemble, modular control and power electronics system for the RT7000 with the goal of reducing assembly time, and improving user experience during maintenance. Additionally, based on experience, suggesting changes to EC&I equipment to improve plant safety, efficiency and reliability.
- Assisting with design of-, and being responsible for installation, inspection, testing and commissioning of- control systems, power supplies, electrical distribution switch gear and instrumentation.
- Developing a test program to ensure compliance with code and supporting the quality assurance agenda, and ensuring that the required records are kept up to date to satisfy the requirements of legislation.
- Installation, inspection and maintenance of certified EC&I equipment including rotating equipment such as pumps and compressors, valves, instruments etc. in hazardous and ATEX rated areas. Where necessary, assessing and writing risk assessments and method statements (RAMS) for the task.
- Participate in failure investigations and report back reliability issues within the plants.
- Maintain the proper condition of tools, test equipment and workshop equipment, and developing the systems to ensure that team members are compliant.
- Setting up the system to ensure team members properly document and accurately report all maintenance, repairs, overhauls, adjustments and inspections; and ensuring the integrity of work procedures including permits to work, work instructions, work orders.
- Tidiness and cleanliness of worksite conditions including minimising wastage.
- Development of EC&I technicians’ training plans and appraisals, and mentor apprentices.
- In conjunction with your supervisor, progress and complete training plans as identified by your annual appraisal and competency matrix.
- Participate in the company’s Quality, CSR, H&S and 5S programs to maintain a safe & professional environment for the company to operate within.