The Process Safety Engineer shall join the team responsible for the design of RT’s commercial scale plant, the RT7000 and shall play a role in ensuring process safety of RT’s near commercial scale plant, the Beta Plant.
As a Process Safety Engineer you shall be a proactive member of the process safety team, reporting to the Process Safety Lead. You shall be responsible for producing documents for process safety deliverables and representing the process safety team on assigned projects.
As a Process Safety Engineer you shall work on the process safety deliverables, including:
- Safety Reviews & Risk Assessments
- Hazardous Area Classification (HAC)
- Explosion Protection Document (EPD)
- Fire Safety
- HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA & SIL Studies and Actions Closeout
- Pressure Relief Design
- Emergency Planning
- COSHH Reports
- Familiar with relevant regulations – e.g. DSEAR, ATEX, PSSR, COSHH, ALARP.
- Familiar with relevant industry codes and standards – e.g. API 520 & 521, IEC 60079-10-1, EI15.
- Familiar with engineering design and work processes, good inter-discipline coordination.
- High self-motivation, ability to work with minimum direction. Seeks out support from colleagues as needed.
- Ability to present process safety issues clearly to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and ensure clarity and quality of documentation.
- BEng/MEng in Chemical Engineering.
- Sound knowledge of process safety and process engineering.
- Chartered member of IChemE or working towards.
- Accredited training in process safety topics.
- 2+ years experience in process safety and/or process engineering within the chemicals or oil & gas industry.
- During COVID period working from home is expected, after COVID restrictions are lifted the role is expected to work from RT’s offices in Swindon.