We are looking for a Process Engineer (chemical) to join the team immediately. In this role, the process engineer will be working as part of the process design team and will model RT’s feedstock recycling processes for a variety of feedstocks at a range of scales (from bench top to industrial).
The process engineer will generate Heat & Mass Balance and Simulation Reports. You will also be supporting the Engineering, R&D and Operations teams with the day-to-day activities. This varies from simulation support, process design activities to pilot plant operations and troubleshooting. You would be expected to deliver high quality work and be able to effectively support the broader team within a collaborative and open team culture.
Process modelling experience is an essential requirement and experience with Aspen HYSYS is preferable.
This Process Engineer role’s main responsibilities are to:
- Generate new process models for new and existing RT technologies
- Generate simulation reports
- Generate Heat and Mass Balance
- Generate Process Flow Diagrams and Design Pressure Temperature Diagrams
This Process Engineer role will also have other responsibilities depending and they are:
- Carrying out Equipment and Line Sizing
- Drafting Equipment Specification
- Producing Process Lists
- Field engineering – Pilot plant operation, commissioning and troubleshooting
Necessary Skills – Essential
- Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Working towards, or achieved, chartered engineer status
- Process modelling skills, Aspen Hysys
- Process modelling skills, numerical
- Proficiency working in a team environment with cross-functional groups to achieve significant goals under tight time and financial pressures
- Interpersonal skills needed to develop the solutions in harmony with RT’s operations, manufacturing and R&D teams.
- Good communication skills at all levels.
- Experience of Aspen Plus and other process modelling tools
- Experience of all stages of a project, from conceptual studies to FEEDs and EPCs is desirable
- Experience in Oil & Gas industry regulations/ design/ operations
Recycling Technologies are an equal opportunities employer. We recruit, reward, and develop people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. Our employees are valued, and we treat everyone who works for or with Recycling Technologies fairly and without discrimination.