We are looking for a Plant Maintenance and Engineering Manager to work in the Operations Management Team accountable for plant reliability and coordinating the safe execution of both planned and reactive engineering change.
Recycling Technology’s BETA Plant is a quasi commercial-scale operating site, a testbed for the development of our technologies and processes, an operational plant where product development and production trials are undertaken, a technology showcase that we will use to demonstrate our technologies to clients, investors, regulatory authorities and other key stakeholders and a technology knowledge transfer and training centre, somewhere we will bring engineering, operations and manufacturing teams and new starters for training and the sharing of best practice.
The successful candidate will be working within a small close-knit team looking after and running of our Beta Plant. The role will involve getting hands-on, whether it’s fixing a pump, wiring a panel or teaching one of the team how to drill a hole.
- Develop and implement a CMMS supported RCM based maintenance management system.
- Identify and then develop the Servicing and Maintenance training programme for Site Technical Operators including content, qualification, manuals, lessons and materials. Working with the UK Cluster Manager to use the RT BETA plant team to develop the programme that we will use to train new site crews.
- Along with the UK Cluster Manager, you will be accountable for the Key KPI areas of the RT BETA plant including Safety, Cost, Quality and OEE%.
- You will own the areas of:
- The total cost of Maintenance – Parts, spares, consumables and contracted services
- On-time delivery of engineering change
- Whilst the plant is still in development the engineering change agenda will be owned by the RT Technical Director and the RT Engineering Team. During this phase you will work closely with that team to translate their intent into safely executable and digestible projects.
- Once the RT BETA plant is considered to be in “Business as Usual Mode”, fully developed then the RT BETA Plant Maintenance and Engineering Manager will, along with the UK Cluster Manager, be responsible for developing and delivering asset improvement within the “current specification”.
- Broad, hands-on, experience in Electro-Mechanical maintenance.
- Experience in a continuous process manufacturing/operational environment
- Team leadership experience
- Lean manufacturing, problem solving and Kaizen management systems
- TPM / RCM supported by CMMS
- Ability to solve live problems within a controlled engineering environment
- Having a flexible approach and an ability to think on your feet
- Data rational – Good at keeping and using data
- Familiar with operating machinery, servicing, and maintenance routines, able to read and interpret engineering drawings, P&IDs, PLC Line Code and SCADA systems
- Must be willing to work shift at times when the plant is operational
- 17th or 18th Edition
- Slinging and lifting operations
- Valid Forklift, IPAF 3a+3b and ADR licenses.
- Mechanical and or electrical maintenance technicians experience with a qualification in Oil and Gas, Automotive sector process operations
- Maintenance experience of process machinery and equipment including pumps, valves, pipes and motors.