Recycling Technologies is looking to recruit an engaging and proactive Plant Controller to work as a shift based senior operator and production supervisor responsible for leading a small team and delivering RT’s shift targets (Safety, Quality and Cost). The successful candidate will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the RT Plant Operations Team, which consists of 15 technical operators and technicians on a four-person team to cover 24/7 shift system. The Beta plant acts as RT’s demonstrator plant, training venue and client trials site and as such, it and the team are always “on show” and are expected to perform to high standards.
- Ensure the shift is run effectively and safely
- To deliver the shift safety targets
- To ensure any non-codified work is conducted safely through a combination of risk assessment, management, and safe working practices
- Operate the plant to industry and RT best practice in relation to the following:
- Executing start-up, shutdown and operating procedures of an innovative continuous process built with complex sub-systems based on principles of process engineering (Oil & Gas).
- Analyse data based on instrumentation feedback and make necessary process adjustments to maintain operability and product specifications.
- Manage the performance of critical sub-systems including distillation towers, fans, motors, pumps, primary/secondary heating circuits, vessels up to 900 0C, valves and alarms.
- Ensure that adequate input material is properly prepared for processing and that finished goods are batched, packaged and stored for sale or outbound delivery
- Cost management, ensuring that budgets are adherend
- Line manage the shift team, motivating and providing them with the mentoring, coaching and leadership they need to grow and succeed.
- Ensure that the plant is always presented in the best possible light adhering to RT’s 5S and site policies.
- Liaise with your fellow shift controllers and the day’s support teams to manage the 8,16,24hr forward plan and the weekly production plan
To be a visible champion:
- Of our values
- For our customers, our teams, and our bottom line, simultaneously
- Of our core process and standard work flows
- Industry best practice, regulatory compliance and health and safety
- Continuous improvement and the expansion of our capabilities