The Mechanical Technician is responsible for being part of the team assembling, testing and installing the RT7000, as well as supporting R&D activities such as rebuilding the pilot plants, and cooperating with the technology and manufacturing engineers to continually drive our engineering program.
You will be required to work shifts and foreign travel will be required.
- Assembly, testing and installation of the RT7000.
- Working with the engineers to develop an easy to assemble, modular design for the RT7000 with the goal of reducing assembly time, and improving user experience during maintenance. Additionally, based on experience, suggest changes to mechanical equipment to improve plant safety, efficiency and reliability.
- Assisting with planning to ensure machines are built to specification and a high standard quality finish.
- Installation, inspection and maintenance of certified mechanical equipment including pumps, compressors, valves, gearboxes, pipe work, tanks, pressure vessels, pneumatic systems etc in hazardous areas. Where necessary, assessing and writing risk assessments and method statements (RAMS) for the task.
- Participate in failure investigations and report back reliability issues within the plants.
- Maintain the proper condition of tools, test equipment and workshop equipment.
- Properly document and accurately report all maintenance, repairs, overhauls, adjustments and inspections; and ensuring the integrity of work procedures including permits to work, work instructions, work orders.
- Tidiness and cleanliness of worksite conditions including minimising wastage in all areas of work.
- Mentor Apprentices in conjunction with Supervisors.
- In conjunction with your supervisor, progress and complete training plans as identified by your annual appraisal and competency matrix.
- Participate in the company’s Quality, CSR, H&S and 5S programs to maintain a safe & professional environment for the company to operate within.