The Mechanical Engineer will join the team responsible for the development of our core technology and the design of RT’s commercial scale plant, the RT7000, as well as supporting R&D activities such as rebuilding the pilot plants and cooperating with the technology and manufacturing engineers to continually drive our engineering program.
As a Mechanical Engineer you will have a proven track record of working on projects of different sizes and experience working with other disciplines such as Safety, Process, Construction / Manufacturing and Commissioning teams. You would be expected to deliver high quality work and be able to effectively support the broader team.
You will be required to work shifts and foreign travel will be required.
- Managed mechanical equipment deliverables for assigned projects and ensure compliance with international engineering codes and standards as well as RT standards.
- Working with the engineers to develop an easy to assemble, modular design for the RT7000 with the goal of reducing assembly time and improving user experience during maintenance.
- Based on experience, suggest changes to mechanical equipment to improve plant safety, efficiency and reliability.
- Participate in failure investigations and report back reliability issues within the plants.
- Installation, inspection and maintenance of certified mechanical equipment including pumps, compressors, valves, gearboxes, pipe work, tanks, pressure vessels, pneumatic systems etc in hazardous areas.
- Where necessary, assessing and writing risk assessments and method statements (RAMS) for the task while also maintaining the proper condition of tools, test equipment and workshop equipment.
- Co-ordinate with equipment suppliers / vendors to resolve plant design issue relating to design, manufacturing, maintenance, shipment, installation and preparing Functional Specification for major equipment
- Properly document and accurately report all maintenance, repairs, overhauls, adjustments and inspections.
- Generate 3D mechanical designs in SolidEdge for RT’s development projects and to perform FEA studies for process equipment and structural members and CAESAR analysis for process pipework.
- Participate in all project safety and design / HAZOP / HAZID & constructability reviews as necessary
- Assisting with planning to ensure machines are built to specification and a high standard quality finish.