The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for managing and leading the manufacturing agenda including developing the manufacturing systems, creating the production process, developing testing and quality systems, and working with procurement to ensure the RT7000 is delivered on time. You must have excellent leadership and people management skills as well as organisational and problem solving capabilities.
You will be required to work shifts and foreign travel will be required.
- Assisting senior management in setting goals that support the ramp up agenda.
- Preparing budgets, schedules, and other organisational reports as needed.
- Working with procurement to plan build schedules.
- Overseeing manufacturing functions and managing team workloads in order to meet goals and deadlines.
- Developing plans to build the RT7000, including equipment selection and factory configuration, to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Developing manufacturing systems and policies.
- Promoting and enforcing Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Working closely with other departments to promote efficiency within the production system and other areas of the business.
- Identifying improvement areas, and planning and implementing systems to boost manufacturing productivity while ensuring the effective use of material, equipment and personnel in producing a quality RT7000. Actively identifying constraints and deploying mitigation plans.
- Identifying and implementing Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Working closely with Engineering teams to drive the DfX agenda, not only for manufacturing but for other areas of the business.
- Experience with Design for Manufacture, Design To Value and Design To Cost and related interfacing work with Engineering and Manufacturing teams.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to ensure a continuous improvement culture within the manufacturing group. Using Lean and Six Sigma tools, applying them to day to day activities, strategic projects and global goals.
- Apply risk based thinking and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) whilst making operational decisions within a fast-paced environment.
- Recruit employees – assign, mentor, and evaluate their performance, overseeing their development in alignment to business objectives.