Due to company growth we are looking for a self driven, conscientious and well-organised Management Accountant. This is a key position within the forecasting, planning and reporting team that will report into the forecasting, planning and reporting manager. This is a brilliant opportunity to get involved at a fairly early stage of growth and development of the finance department, providing the right candidate plentiful future opportunities for development and progression as the company grows.
The role is primarily responsible for month end reporting, creating and producing innovative management accounting reports to assist with business decisions; as well as assisting in forecasting and budgeting, to help ensure business growth and long-term success. As a developing business the successful candidate will need to be comfortable with immature processes in some areas, rapid growth and organisational change. They must be able to adapt ways of working in a developing accounting function. Therefore, ambition, drive and strong problem-solving skills will be essential.
A friendly and confident communicator is required in order to continue and develop the close working relationship between finance and the operational business.
Key areas of responsibility
- Month end review and procedures to include consideration of prepayments, accruals and other accounting adjustments.
- Business partnering multiple non-finance stakeholders to co-ordinate, challenge and understand departmental spending and business value drivers; review variances to budgets and support financial decisions.
- Assisting in the creation of month end, plan and forecast reports for the Senior Management Team.
- Creating monthly financial reports for directors including commentary on month on month changes, variance to budget and overall company performance.
- Assisting in the reporting to grant funding bodies.
- Ad hoc analysis and projects e.g. impairment testing, financial modelling, analysis to support preparation of statutory financial statements and tax returns.
- Support development of financial knowledge and discipline within the business.
- Able to deal with rapid pace of change in a fast growing and developing company.
- Fully Qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Excellent knowledge of month end reporting with solid knowledge of both UK GAAP and IFRS financial reporting principles to underpin month end accounting review.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and tight timescales, particularly at month end.
- Knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and monthly financial risks analysis.
- Hands on, able to handle large datasets and drive the detail without losing the bigger picture story.
- Analytical mind with a strong commercial orientation. Technology astute with mature knowledge of MS Excel for reporting and analysis.
- Strong written and oral communication.
- A problem-solver with attention to detail.
- Self-starter, takes responsibility for and actively manages own objectives and deliverables.
- Excellent time management skills, the ability to multi-task, organise and prioritise own workload with limited management oversight.
- Strong teamworking ethic, willing to pitch in and support the team where required in order to deliver the team objectives.
- Right first time philosophy and approach to support the same across the team.
- Confidence and professionalism dealing with senior management in informal meetings (directors are budget holders).
- Hands-on experience in small/medium organisation.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, preferably Oracle Netsuite.
- Experience in technological advancement and automation e.g. making new reports in ERP system.
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing environment.