Recycling Technologies are looking for an IT Systems Specialist to join our team to ensure that the organisation’s ICT services deliver compliance with the requirements of the information governance function; internal and external security requirements and function/service requirements of the organization as we grow across new sites.
These are exciting times at RT as we are in the process of designing our first commercial scale plant, the first of many. This is a unique opportunity to have an impact on how we want to manufacture the plants, set up the supply chain & production line, and influence the design for mass-manufacturing. If you enjoy a challenge, contributing to continuous improvement and being part of the team leading the set-up of information governance practices, then this is a great opportunity for you. There’s nothing average about Recycling Technologies and the huge transformative journey we’re on and that goes for the people that choose to join us too. This role would suit someone who has experience in a manufacturing business, with ambitions to grow and develop with a fast-paced, pioneering organisation.
We rely on our ability to share knowledge and insights with each other and collaborate with colleagues around the world. You will help make this possible by taking the lead on improving our Information Sharing Architecture: designing SharePoint Sites with developers, and administrating the system thereafter. Thus, you will have an excellent working knowledge of highly technical Microsoft Cloud solutions including SharePoint, Exchange, Teams, Power Automate and PowerApps etc, along with central management solutions (e.g. Azure Monitor). We’d like you to use the O365 Suite to improve and streamline our processes: for example, implementing Power Automate to automate manual processes; and creating project-based Sites to facilitate collaborative working.
The role will involve working in a team environment where cross team collaboration, effective communication and accountability is of the highest importance. In addition to be being a great team player, you must be able to work independently, positively and proactively and with external providers. You will be a great communicator: adept at understanding user and system requirements and collaborating on delivering solutions. Most of your work will be in adapting and developing software tools to meet our business needs and ensure we are working efficiently, but you will also be able to specify hardware solutions according to user requirements. As you develop new ways of working, you may need to develop and deliver training to both superusers and end users. You will be tuned in to new technologies and best working practices, and keen to implement improvements at an appropriate pace. You will be interested to learn how to use new software and configure it for our requirements.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment; keeping our IT systems secure, efficient and responsive to our rapidly expanding business requirements. As the central point for IT, you will need to bring together diverse information from across the business, organise and use it to make informed decisions. You will be a key member of the Business Systems Team.
- Assist in setting up RT’s information architecture and policies by engaging with stakeholder groups to analyse and understand business requirements and processes to offer and develop digital business solutions using mostly SharePoint Online and Office 365 products. You would work with other business software as required and be interested to learn eg NetSuite.
- Working with internal customers to provide support to handle and resolve general enquiries on an ongoing basis. A key element of your role will include analysing SharePoint usage and proactively managing.
- Ensuring the operational health of the O365 Exchange, SharePoint online environment including security, availability, performance, and reliability.
- Responsible for supporting, configuring, and deploying O365 and other software package solutions and application enhancements.
- Development, maintenance and sustainment of existing SharePoint sites and sub sites, lists, libraries, and content (including pages, workflows, and items) etc.
- Working with internal customers to identify requirements and implement new third-party softwares.
- Maintaining user accounts from on-boarding to off-boarding: ensuring correct permissions, credentials and access to files, licenses and applications on O365 and other software.
- Maintaining company-wide software licenses, renewal dates and requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues when required.
- On-site control and installation of hardware and equipment, as required.
- Training and educating end-users on O365 capabilities and collaboration tools (OneDrive, OneNote, Outlook, Teams etc).
- Proactively Identifying business inefficiency, propose innovative solutions and work with O365 users, design, develop, and introduce new functionality.
- Work closely with external parties to deliver an efficient IT system.
- Participate in the company’s Quality, CSR, H&S and 5S programs to maintain a safe & professional environment for the company to operate within.
- A degree or equivalent level in a relevant discipline or have gained equivalent work experience.
- Experience of the full O365 Cloud Suite including OneDrive, Teams, Power Automate, Power BI, Forms, and One Note.
- Demonstrated ability to understand standard business processes and to design, build and create solutions within the O365 suite to simplify and automate these processes.
- Thorough understanding of SharePoint Online (or other business software eg Google Shared Drives) permissions management.
- Experience of working with third party providers on development and integration activities.
- Good understanding of Microsoft licensing.
- Working and developing applications in an O365 environment.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Minimum of 3 years O365 experience to include SharePoint and MS Exchange.
- Knowledge of other task, documentation and project management tools and automation such as MS Project, Smartsheet, TeamCenter.
- Experience in ISO27001 implementation and auditing.
- Understanding of ERP systems.
- Some experience with CAD software and hardware requirements.
- Some coding or software development ability.
- Ability to read and create network diagrams.
- Experience with telecommunications including VoIP phones.
- A MCSA or equivalent Microsoft qualification.
Recycling Technologies are an equal opportunities employer. We recruit, reward, and develop people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. Our employees are valued, and we treat everyone who works for or with Recycling Technologies fairly and without discrimination.