Recycling Technologies (RT) has developed a world-leading technology to recycle waste plastic that is currently considered “unrecyclable”. RT’s patented solution, the RT7000, uses thermal cracking to transform this waste back into a valuable hydrocarbon product, for reintroduction into the petrochemical industry.
RT is seeking an in-house Environmental Consultant to join their Sustainability & Environment team, which oversees environmental compliance as well as implementing sustainability across RT’s business functions and operations. This role sits within the environmental compliance arm of the department, with the opportunity to lead in this area of expertise and contribute to building a growing team.
As the business is gearing up to offer a new technology in a highly regulated sector, there are many complex challenges that lie ahead. Establishing each RT7000 project will involve dealing with regulatory complexities, including the compliance of not only the thermal process itself but also the product we produce. An added challenge is to ensure that the company is ready to expand not just across the UK but internationally.
The work is multidisciplinary, and we will consider candidates from a wide variety of technical backgrounds including; geo-environmental, air quality, waste management, chemical etc. Applicants should have a relevant first degree and preferably a higher degree. Chartered status and/or membership of a relevant scientific or engineering professional institution would be advantageous. Applicants should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of waste regulation, experience with thermal treatment processes and their compliance would also be advantageous.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-paced and growing business, with good opportunities for progression.
- Act as in-house environmental consultant overseeing the following:
- Waste regulation and compliance such as Duty of Care, emissions monitoring, air quality assessments, site management plans
- Preparation of planning and environmental permit applications, and all requirements thereof including leading public consultations etc.
- All regulation pertaining to our Product (Plaxx) such as End of Waste, CLP, REACH, and rest of world equivalents
- Effectively liaise with customers and the regulatory authorities in the UK and overseas
- Provide essential support to wider team in terms of regulatory advice and strategic impacts from changing environmental regulation, ensuring the company is fully aware of any regulatory hurdles
- Maintain a legal register for all jurisdictions that RT intend to operate in
- Work closely with RT Operations to ensure RT Beta and all subsequent RT7000 sites operate in compliance with their permits, and RT’s own standards
- Conduct RT site audits and customer site due diligence