The Health, Safety and Security Systems Coordinator acts as the central expert on matters of Health and Safety compliance; understanding and converting regulatory and legal requirements, industry best practice and internal learning into a system architecture and actionable improvement plans.
The role will not only consists of creating, maintaining and improving policies and procedures, but also incident investigations (including safety cases), action trackers and reporting structures(from informal toolbox talks to formal written reports). You will work with process owners to implement effective and efficient changes to our existing management system that support the achievement of our corporate objectives whilst training and supporting our teams so that they can deliver these best practice levels of performance.
As a valued member of the RT Business Management Systems Team, reporting to the Business Systems Manager, you are responsible for the assessment, planning and implementation of H&S initiatives, policies and practices, and pivotal in further developing and maturing our ‘Compliance Culture’. As an experienced H&S professional you will provide subject matter expertise on implementation of, and compliance with, a range of management systems regimes and certifications as required by our business and customers. You will use your experience to design, implement and assure H&S policies and processes, including the development of training and awareness packages. You will work with other members of the BMS Team to ensure our management system is integrated and consistent across the business.
You will be responsible for ensuring RT’s business management system (BMS) includes Health, Safety and Security aspects and exceeds regulatory requirements (using industry best practice). This includes, but is not limited to:
- Expansion of the scope of the RT BMS to compliance with ISO45001 (and in future, Responsible Care Management Framework) by identifying and implementing effective change with engaged stakeholders;
- Implementing H&S policies and procedures across multiple sites with different functions including labs
- Assurance of BMS compliance with applicable standards, regulations and legislation;
- Support area, process and business unit managers to design and develop Health, Safety and Security management and improvement plans Provide training and motivation to our teams;
- Conduct internal audits on multiple sites (which will involve moderate domestic and international travel);
- Monitor our systems, reporting back to the RT Senior Management Team both with written reports on KPIs and in meetings as appropriate, and chairing meetings;
- Investigation, management and reporting of incidents, observations and near misses, including root cause analysis and action to prevent recurrence;
- Ensuring compliance with and standardisation of our SH&S procedures across multiple sites.
Necessary Skills – Essential
- Depth of experience in H&S Industry Standards including but not limited to OHSAS18001, ISO14001, 45001 (Lead or Internal Auditors qualification(s)).
- Demonstrable experience of deploying H&S processes
- Experience of working in a technology, engineering or project-based organisation
- Sound up-to-date H&S legal and regulatory knowledge
- Delivering H&S Compliance across multiple locations
- Fluent in Microsoft Office including SharePoint
- Excellent communicator: able to engage stakeholders throughout the business and with external agencies
- Oil and gas process experience
- Experience of Waste or Construction health and safety including CDM
- WAMITAB Level 4 Medium Risk Operator Competence for Non-Hazardous Waste Treatment and Transfer or similar
- Recognised training qualification, or experience developing and delivering a suite of H&S courses
- Responsible Care Framework