You will be responsible for a range of legal matters, including setting up of subsidiaries in different jurisdictions, creating corporate joint ventures, reviewing commercial contracts and ensuring protection for company’s intellectual property. The company is also looking to go public in the near future and this position will play a significant role in providing legal support through the IPO process and ensuring compliance post listing. You will report to the Commercial Director and work closely with the senior management team, patents team as well as with key external stakeholders in the negotiation and conclusion of commercial contracts.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a lawyer, looking to join a company that is fast-growing and making a real impact to the plastic waste problem.
- Support in negotiating and concluding a range of complex commercial contracts, such as technology licensing, machine sales and investment agreements;
- Provide legal support to the company through the course of private fundraises and IPO;
- Draft standard in-house contracts and other legal documents;
- Give advice on the ownership of intellectual property across all relevant contracts;
- Ensure that the company is complaint with relevant legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation, company law and rules for public markets;
- Carry out the regular legal duties such as managing non-disclosure agreements and drafting legal documents related to board resolutions and compliance with articles of association;
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislations when the company is expanding into international markets;
- Lead engagement with company’s external legal counsel, managing their input and monitoring their performance to ensure quality of service and value for money;
- Develop a team for the legal department.
- A law degree from a recognized university
- 7+ years of experience gained in large law firm and/or in-house with major firm
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Inhouse counsel experience in a listed company ensuring compliance with public market rules
- Experience in intellectual property protection for a technology company