The business is looking for an experienced manufacturing Financial Controller who can bring their own ideas to the table to help develop the Finance Team, improve controls and fully integrate systems within the organisation and be a key member of the broader management team.
The Financial Controller will work extremely closely with the Finance Director and Commercial Director and is a pivotal new role for the business. After a short-term focus on the implementation of an ERP system, and embedding associated financial processes and controls, this role will support the business in key financial decisions regarding funding, capital investment, international expansion and other business opportunities, as well as maintaining ongoing financial reporting.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for ensuring all business requirements for financial information are fully met, including statutory reporting, tax and other compliance, cost analysis, forecasting, management reporting and key performance indicator monitoring. The role will interface with the operations, planning, procurement and manufacturing teams and will include oversight of the team developing grant applications to support development of business initiatives. There will also be interaction with the commercial team to ensure that proposals submitted to the clients meet necessary financial benchmarks. The Financial Controller will also support the development of the finance function in preparation for a potential IPO within the next 3 years.
This role will appeal to a candidate who is looking to join an entrepreneurial and fast-growing business with aspirations to become a listed company with revenues in excess of £500million within the next 5 years. It will suit an individual who enjoys working autonomously in a pressurised environment, taking personal responsibility to drive improvements and achieve business objectives. The successful candidate will be taking a leading role in delivering a key business project in the short term but quickly developing into a much broader financial management role within the business.
- Actively contribute to the development of the company’s strategic plan for funding, evaluating the cost of alternative financing options;
- Produce detailed cash flow forecasts at an individual site and consolidated level that identify cash requirements, maximise IRR and demonstrate the value of the company to investors;
- Undertake effective review of the month end close, ensuring accuracy of management accounts and preparing regular stakeholder reporting including the monthly Board report;
- Support new business initiatives with provision of financial data and analysis including assessment of the financial implications of entering new markets;
- Lead finance team input into the ERP project, including development of the chart of accounts which meets the needs of the whole business;
- Ensure configuration of the ERP system to enable full compliance with all external reporting obligations, including VAT and Intrastat reporting, without significant manual intervention;
- Implement and maintain an effective internal control environment including financial policies and procedures commensurate with the size of the business but also considering future growth;
- Ensure successful data migration between Sage and the ERP system, performing reconciliation and maintaining a clear audit trail;
- Develop the quality of external financial reporting necessary to support the demands of a listed company, inclusive of analysts’ presentations, annual and interim results, and other statutory obligations and shareholder information requests; and
- Support the broader finance team in ongoing activities to ensure effective cost control and accurate reporting and forecasting.