The Electrical Design Engineer shall join the team responsible for the design of RT’s commercial scale plant, the RT7000 and shall play a leading role in the development of RT’s near commercial scale plant, the Beta Plant and RT’s bench scale unit, the Mark II.
As an Electrical Design Engineer, you should have a broad range of experience of all stages of a project, from conceptual studies to FEEDs and Detailed Design. You are expected to use good engineering judgement and experience in producing Electrical Engineering deliverables and calculations. You would be expected to deliver high quality work and be able to effectively support the broader team.
- Execute electrical engineering activities (Concept, Front End Engineering Development, Technical Study & Detailed Design).
- Execute electrical discipline engineering activities within the budget and schedule, maintaining technical integrity and quality. Have a good understanding of the workflow and schedule logic between engineering disciplines.
- Manage installation of electrical and control components on RT designed plants (pilot and commercial scale).
- Act as a Core Team member on designated projects for electrical design deliverable as required.
- Assess effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance
- Carry out work in accordance with RT and project Health, Safety Environmental and Quality systems • Maintain the required technical quality of work
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures
- Keep up to date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline scope
- Prepare estimates and schedules and assist in their review
- Commercial experience in Electrical Engineering design on capital projects.
- Good knowledge and experience of Electrical Engineering design preferably in fine chemicals, pharmaceutical, oil & gas, and/or food industries.
- Experience of LV fault level calculations and protection studies
- Good knowledge of motor controls including variable speed drives
- Experience of electrical design in ATEX hazardous areas is desirable
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work as part of a multi-discipline team. Versatile, reliable and resourceful.
- Commitment to quality management and problem solving.
- Ability to operate as a lead engineer on a variety of projects.
- Degree qualified (Electrical Engineering preferred)
- Chartered Engineer (MIET) desirable (or working towards)