The Electrical, Control and Instrumentation Engineer shall be responsible for the actions described below for all the different projects and plants of Recycling Technologies.
- Design, erection, installation, inspection and operation of the electrical installation under the direction of Electrical lead.
- Design, software programming, system configuration, testing, installation and commissioning of control systems under the guidance of Control Lead.
- Specifying valves and instruments under the supervision of the Instrumentation Lead.
- Produce electrical designs and schematics e.g. AC/DC low voltage power, lighting, earthing and lightning design system.
- Electrical Calculations e.g. load calculations, protection device sizing and cable sizing.
- Programming of PLC’s and design of HMI’s & DCS’s. Responsibilities will include configuration of controllers and computer programs.
- Specification of control instrumentation including but not limited to temperature, pressure, flow, level instrumentation and valves.
- Configuration of data collection software to efficiently extract and process data from operation of RT plants
- Liaise with other teams such as process design, mechanical, CAD, manufacturing & procurement to support all aspects of the projects
- Writing technical documents for projects including but not limited to equipment functional descriptions, design philosophy documents, operating and maintenance manuals.
- Commissioning, fault finding and problem solving where required for EC&I systems
- Ensure all health and safety requirements are met during project design
- Ensure all project records, details, manuals and diagrams are archived and kept up to date
Necessary Skills – Essential
- Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering with +3 years of industrial experience. Recent Graduates will also be considered.
- PLC Programming and HMI configuration
- PID tuning
- Knowledge of instrumentation principles
- Knowledge of SMAP electrical software or similar to produce schematics
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills
- Ability to effectively work within a team
- Be able to understand electrical schematics and P&ID’s.
- The UK and foreign travel will be required
- Experience in a commissioning role
- Good theory or knowledge of electrical design standards and safety
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) troubleshooting
- AutoCAD electrical or SMAP electrical experience
- ATEX experience or qualification
- 18th Edition IET wiring regulations qualification