The highly competent EC&I Technician is responsible for assembling, installing, testing and commissioning the EC&I systems on the RT7000, as well as supporting R&D activities such as rebuilding the pilot plants, and cooperating with the technology and manufacturing engineers to continually drive our engineering program. You will be responsible for working with the team to optimise the design for manufacture and testing of the EC&I system.
You will be required to work shifts and foreign travel will be required.
- Working with the team to develop an easy to assemble, modular control and power electronics system for the RT7000 with the goal of reducing assembly time, and improving user experience during maintenance. Additionally, based on experience, suggesting changes to EC&I equipment to improve plant safety, efficiency and reliability.
- Installation, inspection, testing and commissioning of control systems, power supplies, electrical distribution switch gear and instrumentation.
- Following a test program to ensure compliance with code and supporting the quality assurance agenda, and ensuring that the required records are kept up to date to satisfy the requirements of legislation.
- Installation, inspection and maintenance of certified EC&I equipment including rotating equipment such as pumps and compressors, valves, instruments etc. in hazardous areas. Where necessary, assessing and writing risk assessments and method statements (RAMS) for the task.
- Participate in failure investigations and report back reliability issues within the plants.
- Maintain the proper condition of tools, test equipment and workshop equipment.
- Properly document and accurately report all maintenance, repairs, overhauls, adjustments and inspections; and ensuring the integrity of work procedures including permits to work, work instructions, work orders.
- Tidiness and cleanliness of worksite conditions including minimising wastage.
- Mentor Apprentices in conjunction with Supervisors.
- In conjunction with your supervisor, progress and complete training plans as identified by your annual appraisal and competency matrix.
- Participate in the company’s Quality, CSR, H&S and 5S programs to maintain a safe & professional environment for the company to operate within.