As a Technical Plant Operator you will be a key member of the Operations Team responsible for operating, maintaining, and improving RT’s Beta Plant, with a specific focus on control and instrumentation systems for installation, maintenance, and continual improvement. The team operate in a rotating shift pattern, cycling through, early, late and night shifts. Each shift team consists of a variety of skill sets, creating a wide range of opportunities to collaborate and learn through solving problems together.
- Installation, inspection, and maintenance of certified mechanical and electrical equipment
- Develop work instructions as part of a safe systems of work, including contributing to risk assessments and method statements (RAMS) for all site tasks.
- Contribute and own problem-solving activities, identifying the route cause leading to implementation of short term and long-term mitigations
- Work with your team to identify and log improvement actions across all activities
- Perform gap analysis, with your line manager, to recommend potential areas of development both personally and for the team.
- Participate in the Company’s Quality, CSR, SHE and 7S programs to maintain a safe and professional environment for yourself and your colleagues to operate within.
- Support development of trainee members of the team in a mentoring capacity by sharing knowledge and experiences to drive improvement across the organisation.
Necessary Skills – Essential
- B-TECH or HNC/HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent level of experience and/or qualification such as an advanced apprenticeship.
- Demonstrable competence in a wide range of engineering skills and disciplines including diagnostics, fault finding, calibration, termination, test & inspection, and engineering design.
- Certification of compliance to 18th edition wiring regulations
- Basic workshop skills including, hand fitting, abrasive wheels and basic machining
- Be able to read 2D drawings and 3D models, working from drawings.
- Team player able to support other disciplines if required.
- Skilled and confident communicator who can clearly present ideas and solutions.
- Demonstrable strong health and safety awareness.
- Highly organised with a strong attention to detail, self-motivated and disciplined.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement methodologies.
- Forklift and MEWP licence.
- Experience with flow, temperature, and pressure instrumentation.
- IOSH Working Safely
- Experience working on projects based on sustainability and/or the environment.