We have an exciting position for a Control & Instrumentation (C&I) Engineer as part of the Technology Department to support the development of RT’s novel Chemical feedstock recycling process for the conversion of residual plastic waste into hydrocarbon products (Plaxx®).
The Control and Instrumentation Engineer shall be responsible for the design, Software programming, Systems configuration, Testing, Installation and commissioning of the control system and specifying the valves and instruments for Recycling Technologies plants under the supervision of the Control and Instrumentation Lead. The role will be based at RT’s Swindon HQ but may also involve occasional travel to RT’s operating assets
You will be expected to use good engineering judgement and experience in producing, checking, and reviewing complex deliverables and calculations. You should also have a good understanding of Regulatory Requirements and industry best practice and be in a position to help RT developing its own Engineering Standards and guidance based on these industry guidelines.
- Programming of PLC’s and design of HMI’s for RT’s patented process at commercial and demonstration scale. Responsibilities will include configuration of controllers and computer programs.
- Specification of control instrumentation including but not limited to temperature, pressure, flow, level instrumentation and valves for RT’s processes.
- Configuration of data collection software to efficiently extract and process data from operation of RT plants
- Writing technical documents for projects including but not limited to equipment functional descriptions, design philosophy documents, operating and maintenance manuals.
- Fault finding and problem solving where required for control and instrumentation systems
- Support during the commissioning and operations phase for RT assets.
- Liaise with other teams such as process design, manufacturing & procurement to support all aspects of the design
- Ensure all health and safety requirements are met during project design
- Ensure all project records, details, manuals and diagrams are archived and kept up to date
- Your will be required to spend time onsite supporting operation of RT’s operational assets
Necessary Skills – Essential
- Degree in Electrical / Electronic engineering
- PLC Programming and HMI configuration
- PID tuning
- Knowledge of instrumentation principles
- Knowledge of SMAP electrical software or similar, to produce schematics
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills
- Ability to effectively work within a team
- Familiar with engineering work processes, good inter-discipline coordination
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and ensure clarity and quality of documentation.
- Industrial control and instrumentation system experience
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) troubleshooting
- Experience in commissioning role.
- AutoCAD electrical or SMAP electrical experience
- Experience with functional safety assessments and corresponding calculations for safety integrity levels (SIL).
- ATEX Experience and qualifications
- Experience in the design and specification of control systems for fluidised bed reactors or other reactors types.